The annual patron drive provides a unique opportunity for community members to become a part of the award winning choirs from Lafayette Jefferson High School. The members of the choral ensembles and their parents invite you to become sponsors of this outstanding group of young people who have represented the Greater Lafayette Community and Jefferson High School by being:
- Varsity Singers – The only high school concert choir selected to perform at the Indiana Music Educator’s Association Conference in Indianapolis in 2000 and 2007.
- First Edition – Recognized on five occasions by the Indiana General Assembly for
outstanding contributions to the City of Lafayette and the State of Indiana.
- Varsity Singers – Part of the inaugural “Christmas at Carnegie” with the New York City Chorale and Chamber Orchestra in 2003 and performed again in Carnegie Hall in January 2006.
- First Edition – Consistently named Grand Champion at competitions. They often sweep all awards including Best Show, Best Vocals, Best Instrumental Ensemble, and Best Technical Crew.
- Varsity Singers – A guest choir for dozens of community functions and charity benefits over the past decade.
- First Edition – The only show choir ever invited to perform on the main stage for the
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line in 2001, 2002 and 2006.
- Varsity Singers – One of the top sixteen concert choirs in Indiana for twenty out of the past twenty-one years as part of ISSMA State Finals, placing as high as second place in 1996, 2005, 2006, third place in 2000, 2003 and 2007, and fourth place in 2010.
- First Edition – Honored to serve as ambassadors for the Lafayette Community in
Orlando, Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Europe, the Bahamas, Mexico, and Belize.
Each time they perform, travel, compete, win or place, they represent the vigor and enthusiasm of youth, the discipline of professionals and the finest quality of Lafayette, Indiana and Jefferson High School.
Members of First Edition and Varsity Singers put in many hours of dedicated practice and are responsible for raising funds for costumes, food, lodging, and travel expenses when they compete. Both choirs are co-curricular activities, and by-in-large are self supported. As you can well imagine, the operational budget to support these groups is considerable. Much of what they do in terms of competition would not be possible without enthusiastic financial sponsors and faithful followers. Lafayette citizens and businesses alike have made the difference in the past, and we are counting on you again this year!
Please consider making a gift to an upstanding member of Lafayette Jefferson Choirs.